Our passion for cool technology has brought us a long way. We now have our own unique Magento hosting platform called Hypernode, where we focus on the software layer on top of the hosting and the tools and utilities.
Our passion for cool technology had brought us a long way. We now have our own unique hosting product called Hypernode, where we focus on the software layer on top of the hosting. That means we're building tools that webdevelopers can use to tweak, speed up and update their websites very easily and safely. We've made famous tools like the Magento Monitor, Sucuri and NeoPi integration, the one-click Magento installer and don't forget Magereport.
You will get the opportunity to work in an international team of great back-end developers who are developing a new control panel to support Hypernode customers. This panel will have great features and tools which developers can use to tweak, speed up and update their webshops very easily and safely. You also contribute to our famous tools like Magereport and continue to successfully integrate multiple cloud platforms and use them to run thousands of servers.
On a day@byte you will:
- Develop, test and deploy features that contribute to the hypernode platform in various ways;
- Resolve bugs, maintain and refactor code & do code reviews for your team to maintain high quality;
- Take responsibility and the lead to innovate and implement great ideas;
- Take time to explore and gain knowledge;
- Work agile but with a Byte flavor.
Check out the Hypernode changelogsfor some cool stuff our developers created recently!
A developer @byte:
- Dares to use his or her vision, experience and ambition to write good quality code so we can conquer the world of hosting;
- Is smart, inquisitive and loves complexity - trust us, our platform is complex! :) Has a lot of responsibility and is not afraid to take it. You'll have lots of freedom, but remember there's always a team of smart developers to support and work with you on projects;
- Has experience in coding, a good solid base in Python is required. Is meticulous and focusses on quality, but not obsessed with perfection; and very important has a positive attitude;
- Is versatile as the role requires more than only coding; Is a pragmatic programmer with system knowledge. You have experience with Linux, Linux holds no sercrets for you!
- Recognise opportunities and avoids the limitations of the present. Is experienced with TDD, or ready to start writing test-driven code;
- will do once in a while on-call support;
- Speaks and writes English fluently. It's a big plus if you can speak and write Dutch fluently or if you like to learn :)
- Is currently living in the Netherlands. We think personal contact is very important, so we always do face to face interviews.
The reason you choose Byte:
- Challenging work that makes you proud!
- A development budget for each employee;
- A small company but with great achievements;
- A lovely office right across Westerpark with outside terrace;
- A great no-nonsense dynamic team which you are proud to be part off;
- Always a seat reserved for you at the Amsterdam Python meetup;
- The coffee is so good, pretty soon you'll run around at hyperspeed;
- Lunch with healthy fresh salads, or PBJ sandwiches. Fresh fruit daily;
- Ergonomic workplace: skippy ball chairs, standing desks, desk-bikes, etc;
- We'll reimburse your commute, your sports costs, etc;
- A small company but with great achievements and ambitions.
No hard work without fun:
- Relaxed shoulders thanks to in-house massage;
- Sound and light installations that require 6 people to carry by now;
- Weekend getaways and hackathons;
- Game-nights & social get-togethers, Pinball matches, Dart competition, etc;
- Our casual Friday starts on Monday and lasts all week.
Oh, and of course a paycheck that makes you go 'Nice!'. Interested or questions? let us know via mail!.